Children & Youth Ministries
Director – Sister Terry Bradley Dunn
Provides a safe and loving environment that allows young people to develop in an age appropriate manner
I Timothy 4:12
When it comes to children and youth ministry, we know that kids thrive when they are given age-specific programs that are both fun and educational. Watts Chapel is a place where kids love to come week after week. Our mission is simply to provide a safe and loving environment that allows youth to develop in an age appropriate manner. To do this we strive to incite WONDER, provoke DISCOVERY, and fuel PASSION in the heart of every child. These interlocking essentials are a part of a key strategy we use to partner with you as parents on a journey from birth through college. Our goal is to help kids see God for who He is and to see themselves the way God sees them so they can love others the way God loves them.
To help ensure a safe & secure environment for all children, all of our Children and Youth teachers and volunteers and Staff undergo a background check and receive regular training throughout the year.
Worship and Learn with us!
During the pandemic, Children’s Church takes place online on second, fourth, and fifth Sundays at 11:30 AM. Children’s Nursery takes place every Sunday at 11:30 AM.
VIRTUAL CHILDREN’S CHURCH
While we are unable to physically meet, the Children and Youth Ministry will use technology to connect with our youth. Parents, please log your Child(ren) – Elementary Grades – into our Virtual Children’s Church on 2nd, 4th and 5th Sundays from 11:30 AM to 12:00 PM. Click below to join us for Children’s Church.
Click Here to Join Children’s Church via Zoom
Meeting ID: 857 578 281
VIRTUAL NURSERY TIME
Parents, please log your Toddler(s) Ages 2-4 year old into our Virtual Nursery Time on Sundays. Click below to join us for Virtual Nursery Time from 11:30 AM to 12:00 PM.
Click Here to Join Nursery Time via Zoom
Meeting ID: 524 048 596
AWANA Youth Ministry at Watts Chapel
AWANA stands for Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed and comes from the Bible verse 2 Timothy 2:15 “Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” AWANA begins on the second Wednesday of September.
Awana is a fun filled children’s program for children and youth. The night is filled with three segments, fun and exciting games, small group time, and an interactive large group segment. Awana teaches children that God is real, He loves them and He has expressed that love through His Son, Jesus Christ. Kids also learn how God can help them in their daily lives. Bible-based lessons teach them how to obey God in a complex world.
The goal of Awana is to give boys and girls the chance to know, love and serve God. While it’s serious mission, we believe having fun in the process is a great tool for reaching young people. Since 1950, churches have used Awana to extend God’s love to kids. It is a proven way for churches to impact their communities and train children for leadership.
AWANA AT HOME
We are currently dealing with a significant emergency in our nation and world. In consideration of the recent declaration of a global pandemic, along with strong advisement from our Governor and health officials, Watts Chapel has decided to change to an AT HOME model for our youth.
*If you have not created a RightNow Media account before, you will need to set up an account before you are able to watch the videos for lessons assigned.
PUGGLES & CUBBIES CLUB: Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 838 9298 0367
SPARKS CLUB: Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 821 9726 4139
TNT CLUB: Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 898 2574 5385
TREK CLUB: Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 814 1881 1108
JOURNEY CLUB: Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 600 821 539
Sister Adrienne Cromwell
The Watts Chapel Scholarship is available to all graduating HS seniors who are members of Watts Chapel Missionary Baptist Church. The Watts Chapel Scholarship has two components, Basic Scholarship and Additional Funds. To receive the Basic Scholarship you only need to complete the General Information section. If you also want to be considered for the Additional Funds component, you will need to complete the following sections:
- General Information
- Church Involvement
- School/Community Service
- Work/Volunteer Experience
- Submit a digital transcript
- Click here to access the Scholarship Guidelines.
- Click here to access the presentation from the March 2021 Scholarship Information Session.
Applications for 2021 are no longer being accepted. Please forward any questions to email@example.com.
2021 BACCALAUREATE RECOGNITION – Watts Chapel will hold our 2021 Virtual Baccalaureate Celebration on Sunday, June 20 immediately following the 9:30 worship service.
- BOY SCOUT/CUB SCOUT TROOP 253
- Any boy that meets the age requirements and agrees to live by the Scout Oath or Promise, Law, motto, and slogan, and the Outdoor Code is welcome to join Boy Scout Troop 253. Contact the Scoutmaster, Patrick McNair at (919) 333-3816 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Troop Committee Chair, Christopher Nelson at (919) 561-9242 or by email at email@example.com for more information.
- Boy Scout age requirements
- Be 11 years old
- or have completed the fifth grade
- or earned the Arrow of Light Award in Cub scouts and be at least 10 years old
- and not yet 18 years old.
- If a boy is in first grade through fifth grade, or 7 to 10 years old, then he is welcome to join Cub Scout Pack 253.
- Boy Scout Troop 253 meets the 1st Monday and 3rd Saturday of each month in The Ballentine House. Cub Scout Pack 253 meets the 2nd and 4th Mondays of each month in the Multipurpose Room. If a boy is in first grade through fifth grade, or 7 to 10 years old, then he is welcome to join Cub Scout Pack 253. Contact the Cubmaster Michael Kendall by phone at (919)-872-6573 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit http://scouts253.org for more information.
- GIRL SCOUTS
- “Building Girls of Courage, Confidence, and Character, who make the world a better place.”
- Get ready for her best year yet as she unleashes her inner G.I.R.L. (Go-getter, Innovator, Risk-taker, Leader)™ with Girl Scouts! With us, she’ll make new best friends, go on a ton of adventures, and realize the possibilities are truly endless.
- Discover all she can be and everything she can accomplish when she has the right tools and a safe space to shine — all while making the world a better place.
- To join a troop, Girls must be in Kindergarten – 12th grade. We have all grade levels currently meeting on 2nd and 4th Sunday afternoons. We are always happy to have new girls and volunteers join. To become a member please go to NC Coastal Pines Girl Scouts. For more information, contact the Troop Leader, Angela Rogers at Wattsdaisygstroop@gmail.com.
- VOLUNTEER WITH OUR CHILDREN AND YOUTH MINISTRY
- Interested in volunteering to work with our Children and Youth Ministry? Click here to learn more!